This workshop is for beginners who want to learn about WordPress, a very popular content management system, used for websites and blogs. By the end of the workshop you will know how to set up, build, and manage a WordPress website. Although we will go over how to install WordPress, in the interest of time, we will use temporary installations already set up for everyone to use. You are welcome to use your own WordPress installation if you already have that set up.
This class will be taught over two weeks on Mon & Wed evenings:
CLASS FEE: $100 Class Fee covers ALL 4 classes on the following dates:
• Mon, July 30th from 5:30-7:30pm
• Wed, August 1st from 5:30-7:30pm
• Mon, August 6th from 5:30-7:30pm
• Wed, August 8th from 5:30-7:30pm
In this beginner's workshop we'll cover:
• installing WordPress
• the administration and management of your WP site
• managing comments, spam, security, widgets, and menus
• finding and installing themes and plugins
• bulk editing of pages/posts
• customization of themes.
• Bring your laptop and charger (Wifi & power strips will be provided)
You do not need any prior experience with WordPress to attend. A basic understanding of HTML/CSS is helpful, but it is not necessary!
What to bring:
Bring a laptop, charger, and headphones with you.
If we have less than 5 people signed up for this class up to a week before the starting date, it may be postponed for a later date.
We are offering scholarships on a limited basis for students with financial need. Please complete our scholarship application if you are interested:
Contact: Sonja Dewing