NMA INVESTS IN NM-BASED AND REGIONAL COMPANIES WITH TREMENDOUS POTENTIAL FOR SUCCESS
New Mexico Angels invests in companies located in New Mexico and the Southwest region, and is actively co-investing with angel groups in surrounding states. We are a partner with Rockies Venture Club (RVC).
The New Mexico Angels are looking for the best investment opportunity. Companies should have a strong team, ‘special sauce’, and unique approach to the marketplace. We are technology and location agnostic.
The NM Angels are a vital part of our entrepreneurial ecosystem. I highly recommend entrepreneurs who are seeking capital look to the NM Angels. For those who are not quite ready to raise funding the events and workshops help you become better prepared to raise capital. For those that are ready, the NM Angels is made up a highly talented and experienced investors who will provide honest feedback and counsel. Once funded, the group and the individual angels are supportive and helpful.
– Lawrence Chavez
- Solid, ethical leadership with desire for advice and coaching
- Market opportunity sufficiently large to create a profitable, sustainable business that repays investment
- Compelling and achievable strategy to capture significant market share
- ‘Build a moat’ – barriers to entry such as patents, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary advantages are valuable
- Early stage
- Company valuation, pre-money, that is conservative and modest
- Capital need up to $500K ideal; clear use of funds
- Multiple exit strategies are helpful to improve options for return on angel investment
YOUR USE OF INVESTMENT FUNDS CAN INCLUDE
- Completing prototype or technology – patents / IP
- Launching product; developing additional products
- Completing strategic corporate partnerships
- Expanding and/or improving management team
- Preparing for the next funding round at increased value